To get access to the research videos, please email email@example.com
App Manifest File Research
Test #1 – Pilot
Date: July 9, 2014
This test was a pilot: done to test our instructions. No analysis was made, and the test instruction was modified for test #2.
Date: July 9, 2014
- Test #2 Instructions
- Test #2 Videos
- Test #2 Raw Data
- Test #2 Observations
Date: July 13, 2014
While test #1–#3 were running, the MDN documentation page was rewritten in parallel.
- Test #3 Instructions (identical to Test #2 Instructions)
- Test #3 Videos
- Test #3 Raw Data
- Test #3 Observations
Test #4 – New MDN Documentation
Date: July 18, 2014
This session tested the new MDN documentation page. It was thrown out because only one participant submitted a manifest file that the instruction had asked for. No analysis was made, and the instruction was clarified for Test #5.
Date: July 19, 2014
This session tested the new MDN documentation page for App Manifest File.
- Test #5 Instructions
- Test #5 Videos
- Rewritten MDN documentation – App Manifest File
- Test #5 Raw Data
- Test #5 Observations
Test #6 – Sample App Manifest File
Date: July 31, 2014
This session looked to see whether providing a downloadable sample App Manifest file will increase success and correctness rate.
- Test #6 Instructions
- Test #6 Videos
- Sample App Manifest File
- Test #6 Raw Data
- Test #6 Observations
Marketplace Config File Research
Date: July 25, 2014
This session tested the new MDN documentation page for Marketplace Config File.
- Due to test instruction not linking to the correct HTML file, all 6 participants failed to submit a config file that the instruction had asked for.
- However, 2 participants reported the error. When an error is reported, UserTesting allows rerun.
- After correcting the test instruction, the 2 tests were reran and analysed.
- Our sample size had always been 6. To get 4 more respondents, we ran Test #2.
- Test #1 Instructions
- Test #1 Videos
- Rewritten MDN documentation – Marketplace Config File
- Test #1 Raw Data
- Test #1 Observations
Date: July 28, 2014
This session is identical to Test #1, and was designed to complete our total sample size of 6.